First released on Instagram, the reel feature made its way to Facebook as well, as it got quite popular after all.
For those of you who don’t know, the Facebook reel is a short-form video-creating feature. Using different audio and effects, one can create a reel of up to 90 seconds long.
So without getting much into its detail, let’s head over to today’s agenda – how to download Facebook reels? Since Facebook Reels have gone global, there are various doubts and queries revolving around them.
If you can download private Facebook videos, then Facebook reels are not a big deal! If you also ended up liking a reel so much to download it, join in! In this article, we are going to explain the ways to download and save Facebook reels and how you can save them on different devices.
Is it Possible to Download Facebook Reels?
Yes, you can download and also save Facebook reels, but! If you want to download someone else’s reels, and they aren’t yours, the process isn’t quite direct. But it is still possible to download and save Facebook reels using some methods that we will be explaining in the article.
While you may wonder why there is a need to download Facebook videos, users have their own fair share of reasons to do it. Even though sometimes issues like ‘Facebook reels are not showing’ pop up, the users still can’t help but use the interesting feature! So if you are one of them, you can follow the next section.
How to Download Facebook Reels?
Reels are surely pretty engaging, and a way to attract more Facebook likes. Now getting to the ‘how’ part, there are basically two methods for downloading Facebook reels, and we will now be explaining them below.
Via Third-Party Apps
The first and easy way to download and save Facebook reels is via the use of third-party apps. So if you don’t mind the security factor and want to download reels from Facebook, read on.
- Open Facebook on your device and go to Reels.
- Now select the Facebook Reel that you want to download.
- Now tap on the horizontal ellipsis icon given at the top right and select Copy Link.
- Now, the link to the Facebook reel will get copied to the clipboard.
- Then head over to Google and search ‘download Facebook reels’.
- You will be able to see the bar on the homepage, paste the copied link there and click on Download.
- Then select the download quality for the video and tap on Download next to it.
- Now the Facebook reel will start getting downloaded.
- Once it gets completed, click on it. After it opens, tap on Share.
- Lastly, click on Save video or Add to Photos (as per your device), and it will get saved on your device.
In case you want to try out a different way due to privacy or safety reasons, head over to the next section.
Using Chrome Extension
If you think that the third-party app method is not going to work out for you or you consider it unsafe, you can try it out this way.
The Facebook reel downloader Chrome extension can help you download and save Facebook reels to your device easily. Here are the steps:
- Now, from the results, you can pick up the ones that have good reviews according to you.
- Then click on it and tap on Add to Chrome next to it.
- Now pin the extension once it gets installed.
- After that, head over to the Facebook reel that you want to download.
- Once the added Chrome extension recognizes the Facebook reel, a Download option will appear. Click on it.
Now your selected Facebook reel will successfully get downloaded. But what if the Facebook reel that you want to install is not someone else’s but your own? The next section explains the ways to do so, stay tuned!
Steps to Download Your Own Facebook Reels
Just like the Facebook reels video download process of others, whether you have recently added new friends on Facebook, you can easily download and save Facebook reels that are yours as well. Some users do know already, but in case you don’t, you can download your Facebook reels using the Facebook app.
If the audio of the Facebook reels doesn’t concern you, the steps for downloading Facebook reels from the Facebook app are as follows:
- Go to the Facebook app on your device.
- Once you’re on the Facebook Feed, tap on the Menu icon from the top right, as shown in the image below.
- After that, click on your account.
- Now tap on Reels, and the page where all your posted reels will appear.
- Next, all you have to do is click on the reel that you want to download and tap on the three dots at the bottom right.
- Once you do that, the list of options will appear, select Download Reel.
📝 Note: Keep in mind that the above-given steps will not help you out in downloading the audio of the Facebook reel that consists of Instagram’s Music library or Facebook audio.
And now you’re all set! The selected Facebook reel will get downloaded and saved to your device. In case you are thinking of posting new reels, make sure that it is the best time to post on Facebook so you get more engagement.
Moreover, you can refer to the next section for downloading Facebook reels with audio.
Ways to Save Facebook Reels on Android and iOS With Music
If you are wondering why we have specially mentioned ‘with music,’ it is because if you officially download the Facebook reels from the Facebook app, there can be an exception about the audio. But we have discussed it briefly in the previous section.
The steps to download and save reels music are as follows:
- Open Facebook and tap on the Menu icon from the top right.
- Head over to the Facebook reel that you desire to download and save on your device with its music.
- Click on the horizontal ellipsis icon from the bottom right.
- Paste the link in the bar given on the homepage.
- Then tap on the Download button.
- Select the quality for the download and click on Download again next to it.
- Once the download has been completed, click on the downloaded file to view it.
- After that, click on the Share icon and select Save video.
Now all you have to do is head over to your Gallery, and you will find the Facebook reel downloaded and saved there. In case you don’t, it is possible that the Facebook reel is taking time to get saved to the gallery or some issue occurred why it was getting downloaded.
If you are doubting the downloading website, you can try a different third-party app or other best Facebook video downloader apps.
Other Third-Party Apps to Download Facebook Reels
Apart from the third-party websites explained above that let you download reels from Facebook, there are some other alternatives that you can use as well. You can try them in case the ones mentioned above are not working for you.
With the help of these websites, you can easily download and save Facebook reels. However, there is no surety for all of them to be completely safe. So you can go through their reviews to avoid getting malware on your device.
While using the feature of Facebook reels, you may want to download a reel of yours or any other that you liked on Facebook. By downloading and saving it, you can share it with a friend, repost it, or even keep it saved on your device to watch it at any time.
There can be various reasons why one would want to download a Facebook reel. So, this guide is a try to make the process easier.