Here to know why your Facebook and Instagram not working and how to resolve it? Well, this is the right place for it. However, before jumping into solutions to this issue, let’s have a bit of an intro into it…
Since Facebook acquired Instagram, the two have been linked to have helped each other in a variety of ways. One of the more useful ways in which Facebook and Instagram complement each other is by allowing users to publish Instagram photographs and other content straight into their Facebook accounts.
In principle, you can share Instagram videos, reels, photos, etc., directly to Facebook. In actuality, the option is still a little unstable at times, due to which people often keep asking “Why is my Instagram and Facebook not working while sharing content?”
Issues like these are bound to happen for some users, a similar case was when users couldn’t share posts to stories on Instagram. This issue is also similar, but instead it is cross platform.
If you’re experiencing the same difficulty, and can’t share Instagram reels, photos, or other media straight to Facebook, consider following the solutions given in this write-up. I am pretty sure that the methods and tips given will help you with the ‘Instagram shares not Showing Up on Facebook’ issue.
But, before moving to troubleshoot the problem, you have to check if both of your accounts are linked. If they are not, do it right away. And this is what the first two sections of the article are going to show you. So, without delay, let’s jump right into it!
Check if your Facebook and Instagram Accounts are Linked
If you are asking “Why isn’t my Facebook and Instagram working when sharing posts on cross platforms?”, the first thing that you need to do is check whether both of your accounts are linked or not. Here’s how you can do this:
- First off, launch the Instagram app on your device.
- On its homepage, tap on your profile picture at the bottom to go to your profile page.
- There, tap on the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines), and from the menu that opens, select Settings.
- On the following page, tap on the Account option.
- This will take you to the Account page, where you have to select the Sharing to Other Apps option.
- The following page will show you the list of apps with which you can share. If Facebook is grayed out here, it means that they are not linked, and that is why your Instagram shares not showing up on Facebook. To link the accounts, tap on Facebook.
- Next, you may see the screen to enter your Facebook credentials. There, enter the required info and tap on Continue.
- After that, you will be directed to the screen where you have to ensure that the toggle button next to desired content you want to share on Facebook is turned on.
Notably, if you’re attempting to crosspost to a Facebook Page, be sure the page is connected to your Instagram account. Tap the account name at the top and then pick the page.
If you can’t find the requested page, then it may be why your Facebook not sharing to Instagram. To resolve this issue, proceed to the steps below.
Link Your Instagram Account to Your Facebook Page
You will find yourself questioning, “Why is FB and Instagram not working together to share content?” if both the accounts are not connected, as we have discussed above. Then, here’s the solution for it. You simply have to link both accounts and listed below are the steps for the same:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture at the bottom of the app’s screen to go to the profile page.
- There, tap on the Edit Profile option.
- Now, a menu will open. There, check the Page information present under the Profile Information section. Tap on the Page option if you want to change the info under it.
- Next, choose the Change or Create Page option.
- Then, you have to select a page and tap on the Create a New Facebook Page option.
- Finally, tap on Done at the top of the screen, and tap Done again.
Aside from allowing cross-posting, integrating your Facebook page into Instagram will assist your IG followers in discovering the page, along with resolving your “Why is my Instagram and Facebook not working together?” issue.
Tip: You can also check the connection status from the Accounts Center. For this, go to the profile tab, tap on the three-line symbol, select the Settings Accounts Center option, Share across profiles, choose an Instagram account, and turn on the desired content you want to share.
6 Troubleshooting Tips when Instagram Not Working with Facebook
If your Instagram is not working properly and still won’t connect to Facebook page, because of which Instagram not sharing to Facebook cross-platform, it may be due to some minor app glitches. You can resolve the issue by following some tips given further:
Log out from Your FB & IG Accounts and Log Back in
One of the first things you can do when your Facebook and Instagram not working is log out of your accounts and then log in again. Doing so will terminate any ongoing sessions or activities and block any bug that is causing the problem. And ideally, when you log in again, the issue of Instagram not uploading to Facebook will be resolved automatically.
Refer to the steps below to know how to log out of IG and FB:
Logging out from IG:
- Launch the Instagram app, and tap on your profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top of the page.
- A menu will open next, where you have to tap on the Settings option.
- The Settings page will open next. Scroll down to the bottom of it and tap on the Log Out option.
- Again, tap on Log Out on the pop-up to confirm the action.
Logging out from FB:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on your profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and tap on the Log Out option.
- Then, on the pop-up screen, select either the Save and Log Out or Don’t Save and Log Out options.
After you are logged out of your accounts, open both apps again and log in by filling in your credentials. See Facebook Login and Instagram Login guides. Now again, try to send or share content, and see if FB and IG are still not working.
Update your Facebook and Instagram App
When a big number of users experience IG not posting to FB, the current app version may be the reason for it. Meta will very certainly take this into consideration and issue a patch in an update. Thus, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on update releases for both the apps and update your Facebook and Instagram applications as quickly as possible.
This is how you can update apps on your Android and iOS devices:
- First off, launch the App Store.
- Type Instagram or Facebook in the search bar and search.
- The app page will open. If there’s an update you will see the Update button. Tap on it to start the update.
- Open the Play Store app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture from the top right corner and select the Manage Apps & Device option.
- Tap on the Updates Available section.
- Finally, tap on the Update All button or find the Facebook and Instagram apps from the list and download their updates individually.
Clear your Insta and FB Apps Cache
If still, why is my Instagram and Facebook not working is your concern, it may be because of the damaged cache files of the apps. You can get over this problem by simply clearing Instagram’s cache on your iOS & Android devices, and don’t worry this won’t delete any of your data.
Here’s how to do this on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on the Apps section.
- Select Facebook or Instagram from the Apps list.
- Tap on Storage.
- Finally, select the Clear Cache option.
If your Insta and Facebook not working on iPhone, there’s no such explicit option to clear the app cache. But you can delete the app and download it again, and it will do the same trick in resolving your ‘Instagram not sharing to Facebook’ issue
Change your Facebook Password
It’s a good idea to update your account password if you haven’t done so in a long time and you are still stuck with the “Why are Facebook and Instagram not working?” question. That will effectively log you out of all Facebook sessions across all devices. Then, use the new password to log into your account.
Stated below are the steps for changing Facebook’s password:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on your profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down on the following page and tap on the Settings & Privacy option.
- Next, tap on the Settings option.
- After that, scroll to the Security section and select the Security & Login option.
- On the next screen, go to the Login section and tap on the Change Password option.
- Finally, enter the password that you presently use and your new password twice. And tap on the Update Password.
This will log you out of any Facebook applications that are linked to your account. Log in to the Facebook app with your new password and re-link your Facebook to Instagram, as mentioned above.
Disconnect Your FB and IG Accounts & Link them Again
The goal of this section is to break the present link and re-establish (restart) a new one that is free of defects and network failures, which can be the resolution to why is Facebook and Instagram not working.
Fortunately, it is rather simple to do, and here’s how.
- First, open the Instagram app to unlink it from Facebook.
- Then, tap on your profile icon to go to the profile page.
- There, tap on the menu icon present in the top right corner and select the Settings option.
- After that, scroll down on the following page and tap on the Accounts Center option.
- Tap on the Accounts option present under the Account Settings section.
- Next, tap on Remove next to your Facebook account that you want to remove.
- Finally, tap on Continue and then Remove.
Remove Instagram from Facebook
You should only do this as a last option since it will not only remove Instagram from your Facebook-linked applications, but it will also delete all previous Instagram posts that you have posted on Facebook. So, if you dearly want to resolve your “Facebook and Instagram not working” issue, but can’t with the above-given solutions, only use this method then.
Jotted down are the steps for the same:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on the profile icon/menu icon at the bottom of the screen.
- On the following page, tap on the Settings option.
- Next, scroll down to the next screen and tap on the Apps & Websites section.
- Then you’ll see an option that says Logged in with Facebook. By tapping on it, you will see all of the apps and websites that are linked to your Facebook account. Remove Instagram if you see it here.
After you have removed Instagram from Facebook, use the method given above to link them again. Once they are linked, check if still Instagram shares not showing up on Facebook’.
You now understand how to resolve the problem when Instagram doesn’t share with Facebook. To summarize, you may log in and out of both accounts, relink both accounts, reset your passwords, clear the cache or reinstall the program, and finally, unlink Instagram from Facebook and then re-link the two.
Hopefully, these solutions resolved your problem. If you’ve done everything and still can’t connect your accounts, consider contacting customer service for both applications, Facebook and Instagram Help Center.