Position: Director of Marketing
Reports to: General Manager
Date: January 2023
Director of Marketing
Consumer habits are changing by the day. Younger generations are cutting alcohol consumption significantly and all generations are looking for great tasting NA options to create moments with friends. Kit Craft NA is focused on delivering exceptional craft NA beverages and making them available to consumers for these moments!
Kit’s portfolio is the embodiment of our commitment to making true craft beer without the alcohol – to be enjoyed by everyone at every occasion. Our flagship American Blonde “On Your Mark” launched in January of 2022 and immediately received an unprecedented reception; winning three awards to date, including flavor and package design. Complimented by our IPA, “Get Set”, which launched in April 2022, our Hazy IPA “Here We Go” will launch in early 2023 alongside a variety 12-pack.
Now distributed throughout the Northeast, Kit is finalizing its first round of fundraising and hiring for multiple positions as we implement an accelerated growth sales and marketing plan.
The Director of Marketing is a foundational hire. This person will immediately help lead the Brand Sprint with our recently onboarded marketing agency and will be accountable for its successful execution in the market. As Kit grows, so will this role, as it builds out and leads an effective marketing department. If you have strategy and execution experience within CPG and are passionate about challenging the status quo in a fast-paced environment, we look forward to meeting you!
We know that 78% of non-alcoholic (NA) beer drinkers are also regular beer drinkers, so driving trial and awareness to ultimately win the hearts and minds of beer drinkers will be key to the success of Kit. To achieve our goals, the Director of Marketing will drive the strategic direction of the marketing department through brand and product in the following focus areas: Digital, Experiential, and Retail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· People first: Establish a culture of purpose, transparency, and empowerment.
· Embody and exemplify Kit’s core values: Ambitious, Inclusive, Real, Confident, and Present.
· Lead effective rounds of hiring to attract top candidates, assess talent, and sell Kit.
· Make the team better every day through an effective development program.
· Be relentless about empowering the team to be successful through coaching, tools, and resources.
· Set clear priorities and drive accountability.
· Give credit for the success of the team and take ownership of its losses.
· Feedback is a gift: Give and receive direct feedback – manage up.
· Oversee a growing team, including brand ambassadors.
Brand & Product
Kit has an ambitious goal of “redefining what it means to have a beer” and we humbly believe we’ve created an exceptional craft NA product. The main function of this role is to lead, in partnership with our marketing agency, the development and execution of our brand and product platforms for 2023 and beyond.
Full oversight of our strategic online initiatives, including, development and implementation of our digital marketing campaigns to drive brand and product.
· Implement and maintain a consistent brand voice across all platforms and channels.
· Oversee development and implementation of social content/voice, driving both followers and engagement.
· Ensure campaign alignment across social channels, paid advertising, web, and retail platforms (both e-comm and brick & mortar). Implement post-campaign analysis to evaluate effectiveness.
· Identify and partner with paid advertising platforms that align with the Kit brand, product, and consumer.
· Research and implement recommendations for organic SEO success driving awareness and e-comm traffic.
· Manage the budget to drive efficiency and impact.
· Negotiate advertising contracts.
· Initially oversee our E-Comm platform as we identify long term department accountability and headcount to manage. Ensure integration into paid advertising and social channels as appropriate.
Brick and mortar retail will be Kit’s #1 channel for the foreseeable future. This role will work closely with the Region Sales Directors and Field Team to ensure Kit is represented as a premium brand at retail.
· Develop a POS strategy to drive both brand and product messaging at retail. Oversee production and communicate effectively with sales team to set standards and ensure execution.
· Build an on-premise specific marketing strategy to enhance brand, drive trial, and convert to off-premise volume.
· Develop a premium and redefined approach to sampling in on- and off-premise retailers, integrating Can-in-Hand strategy.
· Work closely with leadership team on innovation and make recommendations against trends, lead package design, and launch plans.
· Identify Kit’s event strategy, including who and where and how Kit is presented. This includes beer and music festivals.
· Redefine what it means to experience our beer with our Can-in-Hand sampling strategy.
· Build strategy and oversee execution of tap room program.
· Oversee and lead a team of brand ambassadors to ensure effective execution of our experiential marketing plan.
· Track and report on progress towards core KPIs weekly and monthly.
· Work in lockstep with Regional Sales Directors and other key stakeholders, including wholesalers and key accounts, to drive execution of marketing plan at retail and events.
· Propose solutions to enhance strengths and overcome challenges.
· Advocate for your market, be creative, and provide the necessary resources for success.
· Have your finger on the pulse of the market, analyze insights, and identify and take action against emerging trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience working within the three-tier beverage and e-comm.
· Capabilities in managing, coaching, and motivating people.
· Ability to strategically build and manage the execution of an insights-based plan, including strong budget management.
· Strong analytical skill set: Relentlessly dig for “why” things worked or didn’t work.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
· Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in business, management, marketing, or a similar field.
· Robust written and oral presentation skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Kit Brewing also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 401(k) w/ company match, health, dental, and vision insurance, company-paid basic life insurance, and voluntary life and disability insurance. Paid holidays, educational reimbursement, paid volunteer time, and a flexible PTO!
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Kit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Director of Marketing
Kit Craft NA
$100,000.00 – $115,000.00 per Year
Beer – Brewing/Brewery Jobs
Get notified by email whenever new jobs that match your criteria become available.